Saturday, April 27, 2013

Book Review - Wedding Dogs: A Celebration of Holy Muttrimony





Who doesn't love a dog at a wedding???

Oh ... You don't love the idea of a dog being part of a wedding? 

Well, I suggest you just go hang out with Grumpy Cat and leave the rest of us alone with our dogs in little tuxedos. I'm fine with that. This relationship can't possibly work out long-term.

Know what else I'm fine with? Weddings! I'm more than fine with weddings. I freakin LOVE weddings. It's a big party celebrating love! I love love! And it's officially wedding season now, how exciting!! And you know I freakin love dogs, too--putting these things together sounds like my idea of a good time.

So when I was offered an advance copy of Wedding Dogs: A Celebration of Holy Muttrimony for review, I was way more excited than I should have been. But I was also kind of really depressed. 

You see, when Joey and I got married, we didn't have a dog. We were living in an apartment that was not dog friendly--and that's the only reason we didn't have a dog. So many missed opportunities and incredible photos! So many cubes of cheese that could have been comically stolen!

But, hey, I get to live vicariously through this fantastic book. Loads of couples submitted their stories and photos--all of which are equally sweet, awesome, and hilarious (some of those dogs weren't even supposed to be there!)--to make what I think is a truly beautiful book. 

You will not believe me when I tell you that some of these photos get me a little choked up, but it's true. I'm a sucker for this stuff, big time. I'm one of the four people in America who was watching Ready for Love (I cannot believe they canceled it--I'm devastated. Devastated!). 

I wish I knew a crazy dog lady planning a wedding, because I'd be gifting her my copy. It would make a great addition to her home as a coffee table book and could be fun to have on display at a bridal shower, especially if the couple is planning on including their pup in the festivities.

I don't know what more I can say without starting to continuing to sound like a 14-year-old girl, so I will leave you with some cover shots and my very favorite photos. I took all these pix with my phone--they are nothing like the quality you'll see in the book in person, I promise!

Back of the book jacket
The front cover, under the jacket 
A dog who looks like a grumpy old man!!!!
Love
So much love
Freakin awesome in every way
This one almost made me cry
Hilarious. Just hilarious.
And this is a gorgeous shot. I'm so jealous.
Wedding Dogs: A Celebration of Holy Muttrimony came out on April 16th and is available now in various bookstores and online retailers. I highly recommend you check it out.

[disclaimer]: I was provided with one copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis